1) Busty HookersWho can forget the phrase "busty hookers" so innocently coined in this Toronto Star article earlier in the year by Kevin Donovan. It immediately became a trending topic on Twitter, and the jokes kept going on throughout the day (including up in Parliament Hill!). Some included Rick Mercer, who tweeted: "Heading to dinner, good friends but alas no #bustyhookers".
For the original story: Former MP Rahim Jaffer connected to alleged conman
2) Parisian LoveFrench girls are great, but that's not the point. If I were to tell you to create a 1-minute commercial on Yahoo's search engine, what would you think of? This was a creative way to advertise Google. It was simple, funny, and well thought-out. It basically outlined that you can do anything on Google. So true. Definitely a favourite from Super Bowl XLIV.
Another great link I picked up from Twitter.
3) 10 Ways to be a marketing genius like Lady Gaga
4) Get a life: What's your 20% project?
Article: Get a Life: What’s Your 20% Project?
Here are a couple of his actual tweets:
What would I do if I didn't follow @kanyewest?
6) Tech Help call line: "My internet disappeared"So this is what a person sounds like when he/she innocently steals internet wi-fi...
7) Curling: We all thought about it...
Anybody who denies thinking about taking up curling while watching Canada (and the stylish Norway team) during the Olympics are not telling the truth! However, skimming this image was the furthest I got (well, then bookmarking it afterwards).
8) Bruce Testones: Fashion PhotographerA couple of months ago, I was on Youtube watching photography videos hoping to see photographers in action (it's one of the ways I learn). I started off with "fashion photography" and came across this video. As douchebaggery as this character portrayed by Joe Rogan is, it's still oh-so funny.
9) Mostly Lisa's DSLR setup is the type of stuff I dream aboutWhile cruising her website (heard about her through the TWiP podcast - one of my favourites), I came across this video setup she was using to make her videos. Canon 5DMKII. 16-35mm f/2.8. Rode mic. Lite panels. Sign me up.
10) Brian Williams' 'Thank you' note
Last but not least, one of the best pieces after the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics: anchor of the Daily Nightly on NBC - Brian Williams, left a thank you note. Best Olympics ever.
Photo Source: NBC.com
Thank you for reading. Until next time...