1) Busty HookersWho can forget the phrase "busty hookers" so innocently coined in this Toronto Star article earlier in the year by Kevin Donovan. It immediately became a trending topic on Twitter, and the jokes kept going on throughout the day (including up in Parliament Hill!). Some included Rick Mercer, who tweeted: "Heading to dinner, good friends but alas no #bustyhookers".
For the original story: Former MP Rahim Jaffer connected to alleged conman
2) Parisian LoveFrench girls are great, but that's not the point. If I were to tell you to create a 1-minute commercial on Yahoo's search engine, what would you think of? This was a creative way to advertise Google. It was simple, funny, and well thought-out. It basically outlined that you can do anything on Google. So true. Definitely a favourite from Super Bowl XLIV.
Another great link I picked up from Twitter.
3) 10 Ways to be a marketing genius like Lady Gaga
4) Get a life: What's your 20% project?
Article: Get a Life: What’s Your 20% Project?
6) Tech Help call line: "My internet disappeared"So this is what a person sounds like when he/she innocently steals internet wi-fi...
7) Curling: We all thought about it...
8) Bruce Testones: Fashion PhotographerA couple of months ago, I was on Youtube watching photography videos hoping to see photographers in action (it's one of the ways I learn). I started off with "fashion photography" and came across this video. As douchebaggery as this character portrayed by Joe Rogan is, it's still oh-so funny.
9) Mostly Lisa's DSLR setup is the type of stuff I dream aboutWhile cruising her website (heard about her through the TWiP podcast - one of my favourites), I came across this video setup she was using to make her videos. Canon 5DMKII. 16-35mm f/2.8. Rode mic. Lite panels. Sign me up.
10) Brian Williams' 'Thank you' note
Photo Source: NBC.com